For Students ages 14+
- September 20-22, 2019: Self-Advocacy at Work and School
- November 1-3, 2019: 50 Years of Space Travel
- December 13-15, 2019: July in Winter
- January 24-26, 2020: Technology Discovery
- February 28-March 1, 2020: Braille Challenge
- April 17-19, 2020: Outdoor Adventure
Each weekend retreat will run from 5:00 PM on Friday until 12:00 PM Sunday. Each retreat will have a different theme, though all will include fun activities, socializing, and opportunities to learn and practice blindness skills. Activities are designed to help students become more independent and prepare for college and/or employment in a wide range of fields. Students may attend as many retreats as they would like and are encouraged to attend as many as they can.
To register, please complete the form at https://iowadeptblind.wufoo.com/forms/z176te8n0tet64q/
For more information or if you need assistance with the application please contact: Matt Nemmers at Matthew.Nemmers@blind.state.ia.us or (515) 313-8516.