When: June 6-7th from 8:00 am-4:00 pm and pre-symposium workshop on June 5th from 1:00-4:00 pm
Where: Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 1220 1st Avenue, Coralville, IA
What: The Summer Symposium includes information on Cortical Vision Impairment & AAC, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, and Functional Hearing Evaluation
Presenters will include:
- Jeanane Ferre – Central Auditory Evaluation and Treatment
- Christopher Russell – Cortical Visual Impairment: Assessment, AAC, and Educational Programming
- Adam Graves and Amy Baxter – Including the Informal Functional Hearing Evaluation in the IEP
Registration fee: $50
Registration fee waived for parents of children on Iowa’s Deafblind Registry.
Pre-symposium session: This session will take place from 1:00-4:30 pm on Wednesday, June 5th
Topic: Basics of Deafblindness: Foundational information for educators
Financial support: Limited stipends will be offered to professionals working with students on Iowa’s Deafblind Registry and to parents of children with deafblindness (one stipend per family).
Licensure Renewal Credit: Credit will be applied for through Grant Wood AEA. Graduate credit will not be available.
- Go to the link for AEA PD
- Click on “Log in here for Professional Learning.”
- Enter in your login information or create an account.
- Under “courses” search for Deafblind Symposium.
- Select either the professional registration section #251264 or parent registration section #270377. Enter in request information. You will received a confirmation email from Grant Wood AEA/AEA PD that you have successfully registered.
- If you have special dietary needs or require accommodations, please contact Susan Brennan directly at email@example.com.