Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest
Administered by the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults in partnership with the National Federation of the Blind
Blind children and adults across the United States compete to read the most Braille pages alongside other participants in similar contest categories from December 1, 2019 to January 18, 2020.
Encourage more Braille. Improve reading skills. Win prizes.
- Register: For each student who enters, a certifying official (parent, teacher, etc.) must submit a registration form any time between November 1, 2019 and January 18, 2020. Blind adults may register and certify their registration and reading logs.
- Category: Select a grade or adult category: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12, or Adult.
- Record: Participants log the amount of Braille pages read between December 1, 2019 and January 18, 2020 on a reading log.
Prizes and Gifts
- Contest prizes in each grade category are: first, $25; second, $15; third, $10.
- Additionally, an award of $25 will be given to students who face barriers to learning to read and demonstrate great determination in their journey to literacy such as an English learner or having multiple disabilities.
- Every contestant will receive a gift bag of Braille-related items at the end of the contest.