Our Project is federally funded with additional support from Iowa Department of Education, Iowa School for the Deaf, Iowa Educational Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired and Iowa’s Area Education Agencies.
Our Project Goals Include:
- Provide training to families and service providers who work with children who are identified as deafblind.
- Increase educational achievement.
- Assist families and educational teams to make effective plans for times of transition.
- Increase the ability of families to effectively participate in the education of their child.
- Collaborate with the medical, community, and infant toddler services to identify children with deaf-blindness early so services can be provided to the child and family.
- Maintain learners on the Iowa census for the National Child Count
Sarah Harms, M.A.Ed.
Deafblind Consultant and Deafblind Project Coordinator
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired